One of the primary concerns for all the UPSC aspirants is how to clear the UPSC Cut Off. Well, why not? After all, the UPSC exam is said to be the most difficult exam in India. It is conducted yearly, and millions of people appear for the exam to become IAS officers. This huge number of applicants adds to the difficulty of clearing the cut-off. So, to clear the cut off it is necessary to have a detailed understanding of all the topics, particularly current affairs. Current affairs hold importance in the UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains exam.
Strategies to prepare for Current Affairs 2022
Current Affairs 2022 is a vast topic as new things get added with each passing day. So, you need to prepare it well by adopting certain strategies else, it will take a lot of time the preparation the same. Here is how you can plan well for your studies-
- Take the help of newspapers– Newspapers will help you learn about all the current affairs that hold importance at the national or international level. But, now the question arises, which one to choose? Prominent newspapers like THE HINDU, LIVE MINT, ECONOMIC TIMES, and THE INDIAN EXPRESS are suggested by many IAS experts to prepare candidates for current affairs.
- Manage the time– Time management is quite important for all aspirants. You need to plan your day accordingly so that there will be no disturbance in learning about the other subjects. Usually, it would take less than two hours to read the newspaper.
- Know what to read- Bollywood? Movies? Do you need to study the whole of the newspaper? Well, it is no to this. You need to study page 3 of the newspaper or the news related to the UPSC syllabus. It includes the news falling under the Sports, States’ /Districts/City news, Issues related to your profile, and news relevant to your profile like location, job, and hobby. Sticky skip the news from the lifestyle and entertainment category.
- Prepare notes– Current Affairs is a vast topic that makes it difficult to remember. So, to cut off your time in preparation and revision, you are advised to prepare well-versed notes based on your understanding. Always count down the time utilized in revising the notes that you prepared.
- Get familiar with the Magazines– Just like newspapers are important and the primary source knows about current affairs, Magazines help get familiar with the national and international news. Many UPSC magazines are reasonably priced and easily accessible to people.
Since Current Affairs is a significant topic concerning the UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains exam, it is important to give equal attention to current affairs. Also, a significant amount of questions have been asked from the aspirants in the interview round to judge their understanding of the topic or event. You can refer to the byjusexamprep website to learn about the current affairs and other necessary segments of the UPSC Exam.
Read Also: SLP to PHP Conversion