It is essential to measure business performance to ensure that everything is working as expected. You even get a chance to adjust things that appear a little off the road. Just comparing the overall sales against total expenses helps to define business performance but for better accuracy consider the eCommerce conversion rate.
What’s eCommerce conversion rate?
It is a prominent metric that refers to the completion of a specific CTA or call-to-action. CTA can be anything like the purchase or signing up for a newsletter or email or social shares. Sometimes even with high website traffic, the conversion rate is low. It indicates customers are not having a good experience and you need the help of an eCommerce agency retainer like Alinga.
Conversion rate types
These are based on the –
- Traffic source
- On users
- On region
Brand image and consumer patterns differ across regions, so the professional Shopify support retainer will target the areas that have a low conversion rate.
Reasons to improve your eCommerce conversion rate
- Sustainable growth – Enhancing the eCommerce site will offer customers a better user experience, build trust and encourage the long-term relationship.
- Better ROI – Vulnerable sports are identified during analysis, so attention is focused on enhancing them. Besides, the initial investment in an eCommerce site and high conversion rates support better ROI for expansion and marketing.
- High revenue – Improving eCommerce conversion rate helps to reach the fundamental goal of profits and revenue. A higher conversion rate means more sales and increased revenue.
- Branding – Competition is cut-throat, so branding is the top priority. Creating a brand on a common interface – the internet is challenging for eCommerce sites. However, improving eCommerce conversion rate means satisfied customers and a loyal customer base. All this contributes to improved brand awareness and branding.
Tips for optimization of eCommerce conversion rate
Hire a reliable eCommerce agency retainer, who will help you enhance the conversion rate. Here are some tips for optimization of the eCommerce conversion rate.
- First, examine the sales funnel and find out why you are losing customers. Do they abandon the cart or do they leave after browsing? Experience your site from the customer’s perspective to identify what can be improved.
- Speed is crucial for better site performance and user experience. Avoid unexpected downtime at every cost because it can discourage customers and lower conversion rates.
- Your online shopping site must have robust security. Customers share sensitive bank or credit card details during the payment process. Their purchase history is also stored in your database. A security breach can damage your online business. Solid security certificates like SSL and seals from popular security providers will encourage confidence and increase conversions.
- Navigation has to be simple so that consumers will find their desired product with ease. It can lead to a purchase decision. Configure a hierarchal navigation system, so that each page is reached with just three clicks.
- A unique selling proposition differentiates your business from competitors. Don’t just mention but highlight your USP. It helps customers remember your brand and they return for repurchase.
Multiple steps can be taken to improve your eCommerce conversion rate. Professional Shopify services help grow your online sales. Make sure to choose wisely!
please spell out also so the not techy user will have an idea