If you own the Epson printer and the prints appear to be fading and streaked with lines unfinished, it is likely that there is a blockage in the nozzle. This is a frequent issue common to users of Epson printers. Print heads are bound to clog in time as tiny amounts of ink residues dry out and build up inside the nozzles. Being careful about replacing cartridges immediately when the low ink warning occurs can do much to stop the ink from drying within the nozzles. However, you might have one or more blocked due to a different cause. Printheads with blocked printheads may occur regardless of whether you are using original Epson or cartridges from the aftermarket. It could also cause the Epson printer using black ink problems with working issues, as well as other issues. To fix Epson printer error code 0x97 and issues it is possible to test the solutions below.
Effective Solutions for Epson Error Codes for Printers
A few basic things, to begin with, are to follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve the issue as fast as you can.
#1. Fix the Epson Printer Black Ink Not Working
You can follow the instructions listed below to resolve this frequent issue that people face when using the Epson printer.
- The first step is to just turn off your printer, then disconnect it from the power source, and then remove it from the USB cables. After a couple of minutes, you can reconnect the printer to the power source and plug it back into it. After that, turn the printer on.
- Print a high-quality Diagnostic report. You can also print an experiment report. It is common to see this option on the monitor of your printer. You can also refer to the user manual of your printer for the step-by-step process.
- You must now verify the level of printer ink to confirm the amount of ink within the cartridges. If you’re using aftermarket cartridges that don’t indicate ink levels, then you will need to find a different method to determine if your cartridges for ink are faulty.
Also, it is important to inspect your cartridges for ink which are depleted of ink or perhaps empty. In the meantime, replace the cartridges which could solve Epson printing black ink issues with the printer.
#2. Resolve Epson printer error code 0x97
The Epson error code 0x97 warns that you may have an internal issue with the hardware of the printer. The reason for this is usually an issue with the motherboard or other internal component failure. When this error is displayed on your screen, it’s likely due to the fact that some internal components inside the printer aren’t functioning in a proper manner. If you are confronted with Epson error code 0x97 on your printer Do not be alarmed. The steps below will aid you in fixing the issue quickly.
- Try cleaning the printhead. Take each cartridge by hand from the print head. Then, you can place the cartridges on a top dry towel or clean paper. After that, you must remove the printhead with care from the printer.
- Then, clean the bottom of the printer thoroughly with a clean and lint-free cloth, then soak it in warm water. It is recommended that you clean the nozzle until there’s no black ink stuck onto the cloth.
- Then step is to soak the printhead in an empty bowl filled with hot water, for a minimum of 10 minutes. Avoid using boiling water. You must place a clean towel on the bottom and allow the printhead to rest over it while it soaks. Remove this printhead and place it in the bowl, and remove any excess moisture and water with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Then, put the printhead on top of the paper towel, and let it air dry for about 15 minutes. Then, you have to put the printhead into the carriage, and then insert each cartridge into the slot that they belong. After that, turn on your printer to see what changes have occurred.
In most cases, this method also is compatible with the Epson XP 320 error code 0xea. It is possible to follow the steps with care and correct errors.