If you have a spiritual bent of mind, it is a good decision to pursue Kundalini yoga. Unlike the other yoga forms, Kundalini Yoga is inclined more towards spirituality. It mainly revolves around Kundalini Shakti and the chakras. The seven chakras in the human body are the seats of power, which affect various organs in its vicinity. If the chakras are out of order, your health and mental state is also out of order. Without any further delay, let us find out about the main contents of the Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in India.
There are seven chakras in the human body. They are aligned along the spine, from the base of the spine to the crown. In the 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training in India, you will learn about the seven chakras.
- Root Chakra – Root Chakra is one of the main chakras in the body. Moreover, it is located just at the base of the spine. You can connect with the earth and ground yourself, with the help of this chakra. The Sanskrit name for Root chakra is Muladhara chakra.
- Sacral Chakra – This is the second chakra from below. It is located just below the naval. It is the chakra that relies on the lymphatic system. Moreover, it is the chakra which expresses the human emotions and also tends to control sexual desires. The Sanskrit name is Svadhishthana Chakra.
- Solar Plexus – In the course, you will also learn about the third chakra, which is located behind the naval. It is responsible for the gut health. Moreover, it also impacts self-confidence and wisdom. You will find the name, Manipura Chakra associated with it.
- Heart Chakra – It is the fourth chakra, about which you will learn in complete detail. It is responsible for generating love, passion, and care for other beings. The chakra is located in the middle of the chest. It can also help in mental healing of any individual. The name Anahata Chakra is associated with this chakra.
- Throat Chakra – You will be amazed to know, that it is the fifth and most important chakra in the body. It is a representation of your inner voices. You can also find it being mentioned as Vishuddha Chakra.
- Third Eye Chakra – It is the sixth chakra, which is present in the body. As the name suggests, this chakra is located between the two eyes on the forehead. It regulates hormonal functions as well. In Sanskrit, you will find it being called Ajna Chakra.
- Crown Chakra – is the last and final chakra and is located on the crown of the head. It is responsible for connecting you with the universal consciousness. If your Crown chakra is balanced, you can look deep within yourself and manage your balance. However, this is the most difficult one to control. You will learn about all the above chakras in detail, in the Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in India.
Although it is impossible to describe what all you will learn as a part of the course here, in complete detail, you should know about the important kriyas.
Kundalini Awakening Kriyas
- Breath of Fire – It is the first one that you should know about. It is an essential component of Kundalini Yoga. The kriya is a technique of breathing, that helps to arouse the inner fire. It can aid in detoxification and the energizing of the body and mind. You have to practice passive inhalation and forceful exhalation, without any pauses in this kriya. The pace for both should be the same. It mainly aims at activating the Solar Plexus. Thus, you will experience an increase in will, determination, and strength of the mind. The practice is generally done at the beginning of the Kundalini yoga class.
- Spinal Stretch – It is another yogic posture that you will find similar to the cat-cow posture of Hatha Yoga. However, you will be doing it in a seated posture. Through this kriya, you will be flexing your spine and get rid of the tightness and rigidity of the spine. This stretch makes sure that there is a continuous flow of spinal fluid, through the spine. Thus, it also stimulates all the chakras in the process.
- Sat Kriya – It is another fundamental kriya that you need to practice as a part of the Yoga practice. If you can practice it for a few minutes every day, it can give you the benefits of the entire class. You have to chant ‘Sat Nam’ throughout the Kriya. That is the reason why, it is called Sat Kriya. It helps to invoke the divine and to come to terms with the truth within yourself. It works directly to awaken your Kundalini shakti.
As a part of the course, you will also be pursuing Hatha Yoga to balance Shiva and Shakti energies. You can practice this to bring about an amalgamation of the male and female energies. Ha means Sun and Tha means Moon. The sun is considered as the male power, whereas the moon is considered as the female power. So, through the practice of Hatha Yoga, you will be able to bring about an amalgamation of both. After these energies are balanced, they unite in the Ajna Chakra and the Kundalini Activation takes place.
In the 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training in India, you will also learn about bandhas, mudras, Shatkarmas, philosophy, anatomy, meditation, therapeutic yoga, and more. The course schedule at the ashrams in India happen to be quite strict. Thus, enabling you to delve deep within yourself. You will also have a vegetarian or a vegan diet throughout the month-long tenure of the course. Learn about the intricacies of the system, from the masters of Kundalini. Once awakened, the shakti stays with you all your life. You can practice more and increase the power. This is one of the most divine styles of yoga. So, you will find most spiritually inclined people to engage in this practice today.
Also Read: 5 Tips For Choosing The Right Wedding Band Music.