Yes! Everyone tells you how great closure wigs and extensions are for playing out new hairstyles and making your lemonade braids dreams come true, but no one warns you about the itchy scalp troubles. Many ladies suffer quietly from scalp irritation and itching, and we offer a variety of treatments for them.
Check out these 6 natural cures for itching scalps caused by frontal closures wigs, and hairstyles like lemonade braids!
- Baking Soda
- Onion Juice
- Tea Tree Oil
- Olive Oil
1# Lemon For Itchy Scalps Caused By Closure Wigs
Lemons contain antibacterial properties, so they’re a great home remedy for itchy scalp caused by using closure wigs & frontals. Lemon juice is acidic; therefore, it helps balance the scalp’s pH. This feature helps eradicate itching caused by trying out hairstyles like lemonade braids & others.
How To Use Lemon Juice For Itchy Lemonade Braids Scalp?
- Squeeze a lemon and mix it with your favorite essential oil before applying it to the lemonade braids scalp. You can also use it after diluting it in a 1:1 ratio with warm water.
- Use the same lemon to massage your lemonade braids scalps, or use your fingertips.
- Allow it to dry before washing.
- Always wash your head before installing frontal closure wigs & human hair Brazillian closure wigs.
2# Baking Soda For Itchy Scalp Problems
Baking soda helps eliminate excess oils from the scalp caused by sweat or harsh hair treatments. Human hair Brazilian closure wigs are usually not irritating and itching is frequently caused by the hair wrapped or tucked behind the closure wigs. Baking soda is also a natural antibacterial and helps regulate the scalp’s pH, so it’s a great DIY!
How To Use Baking Soda For Itching Caused Using By Human Hair Brazilian Closure Wigs?
- Make a thick paste using 2 baking sodas and 2 water tablespoons.
- Apply a few drops of essential oil to your hair & scalp before applying the paste.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes & wash it off with lukewarm water and a gentle shampoo.
3# Onion Juice For Itchy Scalp
Onion juice or pulp has been used to cure itchy scalps since the beginning of time. Onions contain antibacterial properties that help fight itchiness caused by sweat & dirt accumulation while using closure wigs.
How To Use Onion Juice For Itchy Scalp?
- Take a fresh, juicy onion and peel, grate, and squeeze the liquid out. If you don’t mind onion particles in your hair from the pulp, don’t squeeze and use the pulp.
- Apply the juice or pulp to your itchy scalp using a cotton ball.
- Allow 20 minutes to pass before washing with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
4# Apple Cider Vinegar For Itchy Scalp
ACV is high in acetic acid, a natural chemical that helps alleviate irritation by regulating the pH level of your scalp.
How To Use Acv For Itchy Scalp?
- Apply ACV to your scalp after diluting it with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Let ACV dry for a few minutes before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
- You can use this remedy to treat itchy scalp caused by braids’ hairstyles like lemonade braids or any other braids.
5# Tea Tree Oil For Itchy Scalp
Tea tree oil contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic qualities, which are all helpful for itchy scalps. It helps get rid of dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, and head lice.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Itchy Scalp?
- Mix tea tree oil and any essential oil in a 1:2 ratio.
- Apply it before bed or keep it for 1-2 hours.
- Wash it with lukewarm water & mild shampoo.
- Add tree tea oil to your usual shampoo anytime you wash your closure wigs to eliminate build-ups.
6# Olive Oil For Massaging Itchy scalp
Olive Oil For Itchy Scalp
Olive oil is abundant in antioxidants, which help relieve itchy scalp issues and make the scalp healthier. Warm olive oil applied to the scalp softens and releases the skin’s surface crusts and scales, which is the cause of scalp irritation & itchiness. It can also help mitigate and counteract the effects of other hair products used on your frontal closure wigs.
How To Treat Itchy Scalp Caused By Frontal Closure Wigs With Olive Oil
- Warm the olive oil slightly.
- Apply it to your scalp & hair thoroughly.
- Massage gently using your fingertips.
- Allow your scalp to absorb the oil for a few hours, or leave it on overnight.
- Wash it thoroughly with lukewarm water & mild shampoo.
- Olive oil is one of the best hair oils to minimize frontal closure wig damage.
With the above 6 home remedies, you can try out your favorite lemonade braids hairstyles and wear any closure wig without worrying about your scalp itching. So, strive to make your hair fantasies come true right now with a healthy scalp and hair!