Not being able to access a blazing-fast internet connection can really leave a person frustrated. The reason being, every online task nowadays demands a fast internet in order to get completed. If you have got your knickers in a twist because of the same issue, consider performing Netgear router setup in your home.
Once you are done configuring a Netgear wireless router, you will be able to gain access to a seamless internet connection on all your devices without a lessened speed. Thus, wait no more and learn how to install a router in your home by walking through this post.
Netgear Router Setup via Manual Method
This is the first method using which you can perform Netgear router setup. Here, you need to access the web user interface of your device.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to set up your router by accessing the routerlogin.net login page:
- Unbox your Netgear wireless router.
- Attach the antennas.
- Plug your Netgear router into a power source.
- Press the power button.
Note: Make sure that your Netgear wireless router is receiving an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply from its wall socket.
- Wait for the LED light to turn green.
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the router and another to the existing modem.
Note: The Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem should not be worn out or damaged from any end.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address field of your internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get redirected to the official login page of your Netgear router.
- Enter the default routerlogin.net admin details.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen instructions.
And with that, you will be able to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method. Now, you can connect as many devices as you want to the internet.
Netgear Router Setup via Nighthawk App
Another method through which you can perform Netgear router setup is using the Nighthawk app. Take the help of the steps highlighted below in order to configure your wireless device using the mobile app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Type the Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Select the Netgear Nighthawk app from the list of results.
- Tap the Download button.
- Let the Nighthawk app get installed on your device.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk app is in the process of getting installed.
- Launch the app and create a Netgear account using your personal details.
- Perform Netgear router login using the default admin details.
- Tap the Log In button.
Note: If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Netgear router, consider referring to the user manual.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Congratulations! You have successfully performed Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk application. Feel free to enjoy a lag-free internet connection.
Note: After performing Netgear router setup, update the firmware of your wireless device. Otherwise, you might come across the Netgear router not working issue in the future.
The Bottom Line
A blazing-fast internet has become the need of the hour. If not accessed, your online tasks can come to a halt. But, if by following the aforementioned instructions, you set up a Netgear router in your home, your internet-related issues can be resolved.