How simple is it to switch your favored sleeping position? According to research, most people must “teach” themselves to sleep in an unnatural position. Even so, once they’ve nodded asleep, they’re likely to revert to their preferred posture.
As a result, if you enjoy sleeping on your side, switching to another position may be challenging. That is, however, excellent news in this case! When compared to other resting positions, an adjustable bed for side sleeper may provide several health benefits.
Is It Healthy To Sleep On Your Side?
Side sleeping includes laying on your side as well as the more specialized “yearner,” “log,” and “fetal” postures. The fetal position, as the name implies, has the sleeper somewhat curled up on their right or left side, similar to a fetus developing in the womb. This position is chosen by around 40% of the population and is more popular among women than males.
Although each is slightly different, all of the postures listed above provide several advantages linked with side sleeping. Many experts believe that sleeping on your side is one of the healthiest sleeping positions.
The following are some of the advantages of sleeping on your side:
• Unobstructed airways
• Better spine alignment
• Reduction of chronic pain symptoms
• More efficient brain activity
• Improves digestion and minimizes heartburn
Whatever sleeping position you like, it is essential to have the proper bed in which to rest.
Are Adjustable Beds Suitable For Side Sleepers?
Adjustable beds are ideal for side sleepers due to their adjustable height. Their adjustable shape works in tandem with a side sleeping posture to maximize the benefits of both the bed and the sleeping position.
Some of the benefits of sleeping on your side on an adjustable bed include:
• Clearer Airways – Adjustable beds can open the airways much more effectively and conveniently than many pillows. This can aid in the treatment of sleep apnea and other related issues. When combined with side sleeping, an adjustable bed can provide little blockage to the respiratory system, reducing snoring.
• Joint Support – When one of the finest sleeping positions for joints and spine alignment is paired with an adaptable supportive foundation, such as an adjustable bed, the benefits can be magnified. Side sleepers can find the optimum degree of support with adjustable beds, especially in the head and neck areas.
• Enhanced Blood Circulation – By modestly lifting the legs while sleeping, blood circulation can be improved, reducing edema. When combined with sleeping on your side, which has been shown to improve blood circulation, further advantages may be seen.
• Improved Digestion And Less Acid Reflux – To treat acid reflux, experts recommend raising your head six inches above the level of your feet and torso when sleeping. Because of their built-in elevation, adjustable beds can help with this.
Other Factors To Consider
Although side sleeping in an adjustable bed is a terrific technique to relieve pain, it’s crucial to keep the following items in mind to get the most out of it:
• Use The Proper Mattress – Mattresses for adjustable beds are different that conform to the curves of the adjustable bed foundation. Although mattress hardness is a personal preference, side sleepers will frequently benefit more from a softer, but still supportive, mattress than a firm one.
• Find The Perfect Height For You – The beauty of adjustable beds is the control they provide over the exact elevation you want. A minor adjustment, on the other hand, can make a significant change in your body alignment. Take the time to determine the elevation levels that will provide you with the most advantage from this bed type.