Netgear_ext is the default SSID (WiFi network name) of Netgear WiFi range extender. It is used for connecting multiple devices at the same time to access the internet from any corner of the house. But, almost every user faces issues while connecting to Netgear_ext. We know that you are among those and that is why you are reading this post, right? Well, consider yourself lucky because over here you will get one of the best fixes that will help your devices to connect to Netgear_ext without any hassle.
Before you try the advanced fixes, please verify:
- That you have plugged in your Netgear extender into a working wall outlet near your router.
- The wall socket you have used is well working.
- That the Ethernet cable you are about to use to connect your extender and router must be well working and free from any sort of cuts and damage.
- Apart from this, there must be two working wall sockets near each other. Because as mentioned above, there is a need to connect the router and extender via Ethernet source and it is only possible if you have two wall plugs nearby.
Look, dear users, if you can’t connect to the extender’s SSID, then it seems like you haven’t configured the extender in a proper way. That is why we are suggesting you these fixes. If your extender gets configured successfully, you will have no issue while connecting to its SSID.
Yes, only after the configuration of the extender, you will get the new, extended, and default SSID i.e. Netgear_ext.
Here’s how to configure the extender:
- Ok, now, as soon as you connect your extender and router, you have to turn on a WiFi-enabled device.
- As soon as you are done with the above-mentioned step, open a web browser of your choice and enter mywifiext in the address bar.
- Press Enter and you will be taken to the login window of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Here, you have to provide the default login details of your extender, click on Log In, and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your device with ease.
Once your extender gets configured, you will get the new and extended SSID. Now, you can connect your WiFi devices to Netgear_ext and enjoy streaming internet from any corner of your house.
Even if after configuring the extender, you are unable to connect to the extender’s SSID, then ensure that:
- Your extender SSID is broadcasting the network name.
- You haven’t hidden or changed the extender’s SSID.
- If you are sure about the above-mentioned points, then we suggest you disconnect all the WiFi (SSID) from your network list.
- Restart your Netgear WiFi range extender. But, before applying this step, you have to disconnect the extender from your router and other connected devices.
After applying the above-mentioned tips, try to connect to the extender’s SSID again and access mywifiext.net login page on a PC or laptop.
Still, getting the same issue? No worries! Just ensure that you have followed the correct steps for extender configuration. As we have told you earlier also, you can only get the extender’s SSID only if you have configured it in a proper manner. If you are sure that you have configured the extender in a proper way and still getting issues while connecting to Netgear_ext, then the only way to fix the issue is to restart your Netgear WiFi range extender. After resetting, all your extender settings will be restored and you can reconfigure the device again.
Here’s how to reset the Netgear extender:
- First of all, please disconnect all the devices that are connected to your Netgear extender in a wired or wireless manner.
- But, do not unplug the extender.
- Ensure that your extender is getting a steady power supply than only press the reset hole on it.
- Upon pressing the reset hole, hold it for a few seconds, and release it after that.
- Your Netgear extender will be reset.
- The LEDs on the extender will start blinking.
- Wait for some time. The moment the LEDs become stable, reconfigure them again by following the steps provided above.
- Now, you will get the default SSID i.e. Netgear_Ext. You can change it in order to prevent any unauthorized access.
Now, can we hope that you can now connect to Netgear_Ext? Please comment!