Few things are as difficult as family disputes. When tempers flare and emotions run high, it can be difficult to think straight. If you’re in the middle of a family dispute, it’s important to know when to hire a family lawyer.
In this blog post, we will discuss some scenarios in which a family lawyer Sydney might be necessary. We’ll also provide some tips on how to find the right lawyer for your needs as well as the things to expect from their services.
What is considered a family dispute?
A family dispute can be any disagreement between members of a family. This can include disagreements about money, child custody, visitation rights, property ownership and more. Family disputes can also occur when one member of the family feels that they have been wronged by another member.
When should you hire a family lawyer?
If you’re in the middle of a family dispute, you may need to hire a lawyer. Here are some scenarios in which hiring a lawyer might be necessary:
- You are considering filing for divorce or you’ve been served divorce papers
- You are involved in a child custody battle or you’ve been served child custody papers
- You are involved in a property dispute
- When there is domestic abuse involved
How to find the right family lawyer
If you’re considering hiring a family lawyer, it’s important to find the right one for your needs. Here are some tips on how to find the right family lawyer:
- Ask for recommendations – Ask your friends, family and colleagues for recommendations of lawyers they have hired in the past.
- Do your research – Once you have a few recommendations, do some research on each lawyer. You can check their website and read online reviews.
- Meet with the lawyers – Once you’ve narrowed down your options, meet with each lawyer to see if they are a good fit for your needs.
What to expect (and not to expect) from a family lawyer
Family lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and options, represent you in court and negotiate on your behalf. If you’re considering hiring a family lawyer, it’s important to know what to expect from them. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- A family lawyer is not a mediator. They will not try to help you reach a settlement with the other party.
- A family lawyer is not a counsellor. They will not try to help you resolve your personal issues.
- A family lawyer will represent you in court. This means they will speak on your behalf, present evidence and cross-examine witnesses.
Hiring a family lawyer, as you might know, can be a difficult decision. However, if you’re involved in a family dispute, it’s important to know when to hire and what goes into hiring one. If you’re considering hiring a family lawyer, use the tips above to find the right one for your needs. And remember, a family lawyer is not a mediator or counsellor. They will represent you in court if necessary.
Read more here