People who love to travel, including Latvians, hate going to an embassy for their visas. You may need to stand in line or may be required to travel quite a bit depending on your country of origin. But this has changed now because there is a better solution out there if you are traveling to India. You can apply for Indian Visa for Latvian Citizens. This is the electronic version of going to an embassy. You can apply whenever you like, even outside business hours. All you need is a computer or a smartphone and an internet connection. The best part is that you can apply for your visa from the comfort of your own home. You need to take a few seconds of your time to check your eligibility before you could proceed with the application process. Latvians can access iVisa’s website and click on the Visa Checker, and you will know in seconds whether or not you qualify for an electronic visa. Additionally, keep in mind that the Indian eVisa is accepted only at 25 airports and 5 seaports in India. Any other point of entry will need a trip to the embassy.
What is required of Latvians?
You only need to provide them a few things to get started and iVisa will do most of the work for you. Below is the list of what you need:
- Valid passport – most Latvians will have no difficulty obtaining a passport, and if you already have one, make sure that it is not expired.
- Digital photo – make sure that the photo is most recent. You should not make face gestures in it, and the background should be white. Just scan it and be ready to upload it.
- A passport scan of the information page.
- Mode of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, and if you have an account on Paypal, you can use that too.
- Business card copy and invitation letter – this requirement applies to people who want to go to India on business and apply for an India business eVisa.
- Letter from the hospital in India – this is required for people who apply for a medical visa.
What about the form?
Most Latvians may not like forms, with the thought of it being just the same as the other complicated forms. But that does not apply to iVisa’s application form. It consists of just three easy steps, and the company has an excellent support service that is ready to take your call day and night in case you need any help.
- The first step will ask you to insert your general information. That should take only about 5 minutes of your time. In this step, you will also have to choose the processing time and visa type. Both choices are related to the cost of your visa, so make sure that you choose what best suits you.
- The second step will ask Latvians to review what was written in step one and make the payment. It is highly recommended that you check the accuracy of the information you insert because revisions are not possible once your application is processed.
- The last step is a set of personal questions and photo upload. You may be asked to upload additional documents. Do not expect to have the same requirements as it differs from case to case, so. Simply hit the submit button after you are finished with all of the steps. It does not get any easier than that.
Latvian Schengen Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When Applying Indian Visa for French Citizens in the embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
If your travel to Indian Visa for Latvian Citizens is related to work, study or residence as a self-employed person, you are required to obtain a temporary residence permit and apply for national (D type) visa to Latvia.
Please describe the application process for Indian Visa for Latvian Citizens?
There are several types of Indian Visa, depending on the citizenship of the visitor. Latvian Citizens need to complete the following simple steps to acquire Indian Visa:
- Step 1: Fill out the easy and straightforward Indian Visa Application Form, (Estimated time to complete is 3 minutes for most applicants).
- Step 2: Pay in 1 of 137 currencies using many different convenient online payment methods.
- Step 3: Provide additional information, if requested by Government of India, we will email you if any further details are requested from you.
- Step 4: Get an approved electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) by email.
- Step 5: You can go to any Latvian or foreign airport.
- You do not have to visit Indian Embassy during this process.
- You do not require a stamp on your passport.
- Indian electronic Visa is recorded in the computer system that Immigration Officers can access from any airport in the world.
- You should wait for our email before departing to the airport until we have emailed you an approved electronic Visa for India (eVisa India).
What can Latvian citizens do after getting an approved Indian Visa Online by email (eVisa India)?
If the electronic Visa for India (eVisa India) is approved by the Immigration Officers from the Government of India office, then it will be notified to you by secure email. You will find a PDF attachment which you can carry to the airport, alternatively you can take a paper printout of the email electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India).
You can go to the airport either in the Latvia or any offshore airport and visit India. At no stage do you need a stamp on your passport for Visa nor is there a need to visit the Indian Embassy or Indian consulate.