First, let’s read about the singing bowl- what it is, and its origin. The origin of the singing bowl is somewhat uncertain.
These are commonly known as Tibetan or Himalayan Singing Bowls due to the fact that almost all original singing bowls come from Buddhist areas such as Tibet, Nepal, & India.
Singing bowls are also known as sound baths, in which you will get immersed in the sound of bowls and gongs as it provides relaxation and has been shown to have several health benefits .
Moreover, it is known by several other names. Over the millennia, they have been humbly known as a: singing bowl, Himalayan bowl, singing bell, standing bell, meditation bell, sound bowl, vibration bowl etc.
Singing bowls meditation can be a great way to relax and center yourself. It’s easy to do and only requires a few minutes.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Singing Bowl is a rounded and circular shape bowl which is made up of a handheld tools & mixture of Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin, Mercury, Iron, & lead. And it produces both sound and vibration simultaneously. In simple words, it is a metal bowl, struck by a mallet which is commonly used in spiritual or religious settings to invoke meditation or relaxation via resounding vibrations & soothing sounds it emanates when played.
The singing bowls are actually a type of “standing bell”. There are 2 methods of playing the singing bowl: either by striking the side of the bowl with the mallet, or by rubbing a mallet around the rim. The singing bowls produce quite differentiable sounds which provide respite from the everyday churning of the mind, and so does meditation & yoga.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SINGING BOWL MEDITATION
The singing bowl meditation is the ideal instrument to give yourself something concrete to concentrate on while meditating. As the sound of Himalayan singing bowls and the gong harmonises and allows deep relaxation of both sides of the brain along with the numerous mental and physical health benefits.
Here we are providing you a general list of mental and physical health benefits that you can avail through playing an ancient, multi- harmonic instrument:
- It helps in cleansing chakra
- It induces relaxation
- It soothes illness or pain
- It regulates blood pressure and flow
- It aids in anger management
- It boosts your immune system
- It enhances your sleep cycle
- It eliminates negative energy from home
- It improves overall well-being and contentment
- It helps in balancing & harmonising the body
- It purifies your emotions
- It Affect all cell in body
- It removes blockage and toxins from your body.
- It helps relieve stress
- It improves your mental focus and concentration
- It’s helpful in meditation, healing, creativity, and facilitating communication
- It increases self-esteem
- It decreases depression
- It helps the body heal faster and is said to promote faster healing of the digestive system
Singing bowl meditation is the ideal option to use and revel in these miraculous mental and physical health benefits. Moreover, if you don’t regularly meditate and have yet to find the ideal tools to help quiet your mind, singing bowl meditation can serve as a great instrument to give yourself something concrete to think about while meditating.
USE OF SINGING BOWLS
If you wish to treat any illness faster, then Singing bowls meditation is the ideal alternative of medicines.
Traditionally, the singing bowls were used for only religious purposes within monasteries and temples, such as leading chants or prayers, guiding meditation, or acting as an offering or begging bowl. However, today, singing bowls are found far outside the temples and monasteries of the Himalayan mountains, and are widely used as tools for meditation or alternative treatment for various illnesses such as chronic pain or depression.
Moreover, you can look at various products on our website such as:
- Brass coated black singing bowl- It produces sound vibrations which have the capacity to shift energy, clear blockages and restore the mind, body & spirit to a balanced state.
- Brass coated golden singing bowl- It produces distinct pleasant sounds which will give you a relaxing and restorative effect.
- Brass coated blue singing bowl- It has the capacity to produce a pleasant sound which is both meditative and relaxing and might elicit a parasympathetic response in your body.
- Brass handmade singing bowl- The waves produced by striking or singing the brass handmade singing bowls create harmonics that may move you into different brainwave states, and helps to clear your mind and promote a sense of calm.
Also, it has been found that certain tones and frequencies of single bowl meditation have the ability to calm your body and mind.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Sound is one of the dynamic tools available today to assist us relax, release tension, and lift our vibration. The singing bowls originated in China approx thousands of years ago, now became increasingly popular in other countries over the last few decades.
The vibrations that the bowls create may affect the mind and body, and induces the identical psychological effects and benefits as listening to music.
On a concluding note, the singing bowls make a satisfying sound when struck. When struck, they produce a pleasant sound, which promotes relaxation. Singing bowls are played by striking them with a small mallet. The sounds produced can have various tones and frequencies, and they can be soothing and relaxing.